Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas To All

Merry Christmas to all.  That's friends, family, business acquaintances and even those who I spar with occassionally.  Health and happiness to everyone's family in the coming New Year and much success in your basketball endeavors. My family is scattered all over the map, so we never get together as a group. Safe travels on the road to my son Chip, Judy and my grandson, Julian who are in Louisiana for the holidays.

I stayed in Arizona a little longer than normal this year and it almost cost me Christmas as Yolanda and I endured two closures of I-10 in New Mexico, and icy conditions for almost all of the 1000 mile journey.  Countless vehicles in the ditch, several cars over turned and even semi trailers jack knifed along the way.  We fell blessed to have arrived in Austin last night. I found myself humming Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel" many times on the trip.

Thanks to everyone who called, texted and sent us facebook messages on the trip.  It was great hearing from so many of my former players. Special thanks to the Good Lord, my Merecedes SUV and resident D1 Ambassadors photographer and meteorologist Todd "Big Rowdy" Winters for giving me constant weather updates on the trip!
So, here we are in Austin, Texas spending Christmas in the beautiful Radisson on Town Lake where I'll be covering the Austin Westlake Holiday Classic beginning Tuesday. Then it's off for Christmas dinner with one of my former players and his family (Cody Doolin of San Francisco).  

Austin's the home of Willie Nelson, the Texas Longhorns and the birthplace of the Texas D1 Ambassadors.  It feels good to be home for the next 4 months.  Merry Christmas everyone!
Coach Max Ivany and the D1 Ambassadors Family.