Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Basketball Louisiana Style

LSU practice at the Pete Maravich Assembly CenterA Happy New Year to all! I'm enjoying the heck out of my visit to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Great hospitaility, good food, golf and a smorgasbord of basketball made for an outstanding way to end 2008. While here I had a chance to evaluate several kids and added them to our recruiting database under the "Texas State Player Rankings" even though they are Louisiana kids. They were 2010 W 6'5" Brian Williams of Glen Oaks, 2011 P 6'6" Trevante Drye also of Glen Oaks and finally 2010 G 6'4" Ronald McGee of Istrouma HS.

The main purpose of my visit was to view the East Baton Rouge Parish Tournament. I was struck by the overal athleticism of the players, especially at the Wing position. I'll recap the tournament in another post. I also visited LSU and watched the Tigers go through an afternoon practice at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center. I appreciate old acquaintance, Coach Trent Johnson who recruited two of our Texas Ambassadors players in the past when he was at Stanford welcoming me to their workout. Glen Oaks Assistant Jeff Jones accompanied me to LSU