Thursday, October 21, 2010

D1 Nation Real Talk: 2011 G 6'4" Dylan Cox of Cedar Park

Today the D1 Nation caught up with 2011 G Dylan Cox of Cedar Park for this edition of Real Talk, as he waited for his flight from Austin, TX to New York.  He's headed to West Point today on his official visit to Army.

What kind of hobbies/interests do you have outside of basketball?
Ping pong, washers, XBox, hanging with my brothers & chilling with my girlfriend.
What's your favorite subject in school?
I love science.  My favorite right now is medical microbiology.
What are you listening to on your IPOD before a game?
Drake or Bassnectar
What are some of your goals for this year?
To sign a D1 scholarship, to win a State Championship in football/basketball & keep my GPA over 3.6.
2011 G Dylan Cox of Cedar Park, shown below with the Texas D1 Ambassadors
What's your favorite high school memory?
Cutting down the nets last year, for Cedar Park's first District Championship in it's basketball history.
What's your favorite "Sports Center" moment?
In last year's playoff game, down three with 3 seconds left, I took the rock coast to coast & drilled a three pointer to tie the game and send it into double overtime.
Which college or NBA player do you model your game after?
I really don't model my game after any particular player. I play similar to Jon Scheyer (Duke).
Which schools are recruiting you hardest?
West Point (Army), Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, Davidson & Arkansas-Little Rock.
Who do you think are the top 6 players in San Antonio/Austin right now?
Max Yon, Josiah Monroe, Jordan Roach, Deon Mitchell, Dylan Elias & Myself.
What would you do if you won a $1,000,000 tomorrow?
I'd put most of it away for my family's future & would use some to help the needy.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself getting accepted into medical school where I can pursue my dream of becoming an orthopedic surgeon.
Cox is the most versatile player in the Austin/San Antonio area.  He runs the point for his high school team, and with the Texas D1 Ambassadors he played the 2/3. Cox competes hard, defends extremely well, can shoot it and has a quick burst in his first step.  He's an All State candidate at wide receiver on the gridiron too!  Cox has impeccable character, I've known his family for years. He's a steal for Army, if he pulls the trigger.  (Hard to turn down free medical school too).