Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dylan Cox of Cedar Park Commits to Army!

I received a text from Cedar Park combo guard & start wide receiver 2011 Dylan Cox a couple of hours ago, while I was taking a nap.  He's on his official visit to West Point, along with his father Kenny Cox and was excited to tell me the following:

"Hey coach, the visit is going amazing. This is the right place for me! so today I committed to play basketball for the United States Military Academy. Thank you for everything you've done for me! I'll make sure to represent the D1 Ambassadors up at West Point."

Below left with the Texas D1 Ambassadors.  Below right , finishing at the rim with Cedar Park.

For those of you who follow the D1 Nation you know that it was just yesterday that I featured Dylan Cox in our "Real Talk" sesction.  He's a great player and an even better person.  What an opportunity to serve his country, play basketball, get one of the best educations in the world & ultimately meet his goal of being an orthopedic surgeon.  Congratulations to Dylan & His Family.  They represented the Texas D1 Ambassadors from the time he was in the 7th grade.  He did it with hard work and class the whole time.
Dylan becomes the 9th commitment in the early period from the D1 Ambassadors organization.  In deciding to serve his country, he joins summer team mate and friend, Max Yon who committed to Air Force.