Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Garnica's Season Over?

I just got off the hook with San Antonio Lee PG Paul Garnica. He missed the last game with a knee injury and just wasn't himself tonight, leaving the game in the 3rd quarter. His knee was warpped heavily and iced.

I asked Paul how serious it was, and he said "Coach, I don't want to let the team down, but I think I'm done". Wow! It hit me like a ton of bricks. Garnica has meant so much to Lee basketball, and in turn knows that Lee Coaches Tommy Hines and Jeff Ogden have given him a lot of love too. I hope that the medical report shows this only to be a bruising of some kind. I'd hate for this kids career to end on this note.
Garnica shown here the night he broke Devin Brown's scoring record. It's likely that he'll touch base with the Northern Colorado staff to discuss it with them as well. Let's hope this isn't the last we see of Paul in a Lee uniform.